Sunday, May 27, 2012

News Post #1

In the New York Times article, "For Tech Start-Ups, New York Has Increasing Allure", Joshua Brustein argues that the Big Apple, rather than the bay area, may become the new go to locale for those who wish to start up tech companies and are looking for work in the computer industry. He does this by relaying the experiences of Doug Imbruce, a CEO of a start-up that works in interactive videos. He also gives empirical facts in the form of statistical data about how many start-ups in the New york area received venture financing compared to a couple of years ago.

 I find this article incredibly important and relatable to my life because I want to work in the computer industry and potentially start my own company. If most of the jobs are up in New York by the time I graduate, then I will most likely have to move north instead of moving west. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/28/technology/for-tech-startups-new-york-has-increasing-allure.html?_r=1&ref=technology

No comments:

Post a Comment